Skip to content
- Daily Devotions Looking for readings to start or end your day? Try these.
Check out our Easter Devotional 2016: daily devotions written by members of this congregation for the season of Easter. Daily Lectionary
Selected readings covering most of the Bible spread over a two year cycle to coincide with the seasons of Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter, and Pentecost.
This devotional ...
- Committed to Service – Sunday “So which one is greater, the one who is seated at the table or the one who serves at the table? Isn’t it the one who is seated at the table? But I am among you as one who serves.” (Luke 22:27)
When Jesus gathered with his disciples for the Passover meal, an argument arose concerning ...
- Committed to Service – Saturday “‘I assure you that when you have done it for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you have done it for me.’” (Matthew 25:40b)
For followers of Jesus, feeding the hungry, providing drink to the thirsty, comforting the sick, visiting the prisoner, and welcoming the stranger are not optional. They are the ...
- Committed to Service – Friday “Whoever wants to be great among you will be your servant.”
This saying of Jesus might be the most counterintuitive statement ever uttered, and it continues to turn the world upside down. Jesus says that true greatness is found among those who are willing to humble themselves and serve.
This statement goes against every natural impulse. To ...
- Committed to Service – Thursday Whoever serves Christ in this way pleases God and gets human approval.
So let’s strive for the things that bring peace
and the things that build each other up. (Romans 14:18-19)
Romans 14 addresses a conflict. At Rome, some in the fellowship consumed meat sacrificed to idols. While some found no problem with this (“Idols do not exist! ...