Skip to content
- Committed to Service – Thursday Whoever serves Christ in this way pleases God and gets human approval.
So let’s strive for the things that bring peace
and the things that build each other up. (Romans 14:18-19)
Romans 14 addresses a conflict. At Rome, some in the fellowship consumed meat sacrificed to idols. While some found no problem with this (“Idols do not exist! ...
- Committed to Service – Wednesday Speak out on behalf of the voiceless,
and for the rights of all who are vulnerable.
Speak out in order to judge with righteousness
and to defend the needy and the poor. (Proverbs 31:8-9)
Service to God includes advocacy on behalf of those on the margins: the voiceless, the poor, the widow, and the orphan. I do not doubt ...
- Committed to Service – Tuesday Let’s not get tired of doing good,
because in time we’ll have a harvest if we don’t give up. (Galatians 6:9)
Jesus called us to the difficult yet immensely rewarding work of following him and acting on his behalf in our world today. He warned us that the tasks we would be given would not always lead ...
- Committed to Service – Monday Don’t hesitate to be enthusiastic—
be on fire in the Spirit as you serve the Lord!
Be happy in your hope, stand your ground when you’re in trouble,
and devote yourselves to prayer. (Romans 12:11‑12)
The New Testament gospel accounts portray Jesus as someone full of enthusiasm, filled with the Spirit of God and driven by his Father’s will. Those ...
- Committed to Service – Sunday Instead, we are God’s accomplishment,
created in Christ Jesus to do good things.
God planned for these good things to be the way that we live our lives.
Our passage today declares that we are “created in Christ Jesus to do good things.” We have been called for a purpose! We are called to love our neighbor, ...