Skip to content
- Committed to Witness – Tuesday Whenever anyone asks you to speak of your hope, be ready to defend it.
(1 Peter 3:15b)
Witnessing to Jesus is a two-fold task and includes inviting others to the life of discipleship and answering the doubts, questions, and difficulties that those inside and outside the church have concerning Christianity. As Alister McGrath writes, “Evangelism could be ...
- Committed to Witness – Monday Act wisely toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.
Your speech should always be gracious
and sprinkled with insight
so that you may know how to respond to every person.
Each day, we are presented with countless opportunities to witness to Jesus. Our text from Colossians instructs us that our words “should always be gracious and sprinkled with ...
- Committed to Witness – Sunday “Rather, you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you,
and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria,
and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8)
The book of Acts makes it clear that by the power of the Holy Spirit, followers of Jesus are to point to his ...
- Committed to Worship – Saturday Enter his gates with thanks;
enter his courtyards with praise!
Thank him! Bless his name!
How thankful are you?
What do you have that you are thankful for? What possessions? What people? What experiences? What has brought joy to your life?
You may think of many things. List them on a piece of paper, or share them in ...
- Committed to Worship – Friday So, brothers and sisters, because of God’s mercies,
I encourage you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice
that is holy and pleasing to God. This is your appropriate priestly service.
The word “worship” brings to the imagination an event, most notably a standard church service. But the biblical notion of worship moves us beyond an event ...