Skip to content
- Committed to Giving – Saturday Happy are generous people,
because they give some of their food to the poor. (Proverbs 22:9)
The book of Proverbs includes many wise exhortations. It is true that the generous are happy. Why is this the case?
The generosity described in this selection from the book of Proverbs uses a specific illustration: giving some of one’s food ...
- Committed to Giving – Friday Everyone should give whatever they have decided in their heart.
They shouldn’t give with hesitation or because of pressure.
God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7)
How beautiful is your conception of God? How deeply have you come to know and appreciate the love of Christ? If you haven’t yet seen God as the most magnificent, benevolent, ...
- Committed to Giving – Thursday “Instead, collect treasures for yourselves in heaven,
where moth and rust don’t eat them
and where thieves don’t break in and steal them.
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” (Matthew 6:20‑21)
Jesus tells us that we should “collect treasures…in heaven.” We should put our resources toward the eternal. While we should be wise in how we ...
- Committed to Giving – Wednesday Jesus called his disciples to him and said,
“I assure you that this poor widow has put in more
than everyone who’s been putting money in the treasury.” (Mark 12:43)
There is an unfortunate myth that prevails among many Christian people that the only gifts that can truly make a difference are those that are large, extravagant, and ...
- Committed to Giving – Tuesday “Bring the whole tenth-part to the storage house
so there might be food in my house.
Please test me in this, says the Lord of heavenly forces.
See whether I do not open all the windows of heavens for you
and empty out a blessing until there is enough.” (Malachi 3:10)
Like the people of Israel, we are called to make ...