Skip to content
- Committed to Worship – Sunday Greatness and grandeur are in front of him;
strength and joy are in his place.
Give to the Lord, all families of the nations
—give to the Lord glory and power!
Give to the Lord the glory due his name! Bring gifts!
Enter his presence! Bow down to the Lord in holy splendor!
(1 Chronicles 16:27-29)
Worship is not so much a matter of ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Saturday Therefore, let’s make every effort to enter that rest
so that no one will fall by following the same example of disobedience,
because God’s word is living, active, and sharper than any two-edged sword.
It penetrates to the point that it separates the soul from the spirit
and the joints from the marrow.
It is able to judge the heart’s ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Friday You must be doers of the word
and not only hearers who mislead themselves. (James 1:22)
The Bible is filled with messages and reminders that guide us in wisdom and faithfulness. We are not only to read them or to hear them, we are to do them. We are charged to “love the Lord with heart, mind, ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Thursday The word of Christ must live in you richly. (Colossians 3:16a)
My identity as a disciple of Jesus is dependent upon stories, culture, and practices. The stories are given in Scripture. The word of Christ is contained within the Bible, a text that points beyond itself to God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Therefore, the ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Wednesday Preach the word. Be ready to do it whether it is convenient or inconvenient.
Correct, confront, and encourage with patience and instruction. (2 Timothy 4:2)
There are both explicit and subtle pressures in our world encouraging us to privatize our Christian faith. But we are to share the word nonetheless, whether it is “convenient or inconvenient,” ...