Skip to content
- Committed to Bible Reading – Tuesday Every scripture is inspired by God and is useful for teaching,
for showing mistakes, for correcting, and for training character,
so that the person who belongs to God
can be equipped to do everything that is good. (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
When learning a new skill, it is wise to seek and learn from those who have mastered that skill, ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Monday I keep your word close, in my heart,
so that I won’t sin against you. (Psalm 119:9)
Opening our Bible and reading its contents grounds us, helping us remember who we are and to whom we belong. We have been created in God’s image, and, in Christ, we have received an inheritance as a child of God. ...
- Committed to Bible Reading – Sunday “Weren’t our hearts on fire when he spoke to us along the road
and when he explained the scriptures for us?” (Luke 24:32)
Oftentimes, we are like these admirers on the road to Emmaus. We have long known about Jesus. We have heard his teachings; observed his life. But we haven’t completely given ourselves over to him, ...
- Committed to Prayer – Saturday This is the confidence that we have in our relationship with God:
If we ask for anything in agreement with his will, he listens to us.
If we know that he listens to whatever we ask,
we know that we have received what we asked from him. (1 John 5:14-15)
There is no request that God deems off-limits in ...
- Committed to Prayer – Friday “Pray like this …” (Matthew 6:9a)
Our reading today is from Matthew 6. Open a Bible and find the passage. Jesus says, “Pray like this,” and then provides us with what we have come to know as the Lord’s Prayer. If you know it by heart, then you have obtained a very helpful guide for learning ...