Skip to content
- Committed to Christ – Saturday Jesus said to the Jews who believed in him,
“You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teaching.
Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.” (John 8:31-32)
The saying “the truth will set your free” is well-known, but too few know where it is found, and even fewer have ...
- Committed to Christ – Friday Jesus said to everyone, “All who want to come after me
must say no to themselves, take up their cross daily, and follow me.”
Following after Jesus is costly, and the grace that he extends to us, though free, was obtained at a price. This paradox stands at the heart of the Christian faith. You must ...
- Committed to Christ – Thursday The believers devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching,
to the community, to their shared meals, and to their prayers. (Acts 2:42)
In Acts chapter 2, we find an amazing story. We are told that on the day of Pentecost, the apostle Peter and other disciples were given the gift of the Holy Spirit and began to announce ...
- Committed to Christ – Wednesday “Be very brave and strong as you carefully obey
all of the instruction that Moses my servant commanded you.
Don’t deviate even a bit from it, either to the right or left.
Then you will have success wherever you go.” (Joshua 1:7)
As you commit your life to Christ, you may find the task before you intimidating. ...
- Committed to Christ – Tuesday “So now, revere the Lord. Serve him honestly and faithfully.
Put aside the gods that your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates and in Egypt
and serve the Lord.” (Joshua 24:14)
We were created for God, to be used for God’s purposes, if we would only listen. But often we give in to enticements, other voices, and ...