Each week our pastor posts a teaser about the sermon for the coming Sunday. Check out his recent posts.
- We make sacrifices throughout our lives.
- Parents make financial sacrifices, scrimping and saving to send their children to sports coaches or college.
- Employees may be asked to sacrifice a raise to save a struggling company, saving many jobs.
- Ball players may make a sacrifice bunt, taking an out to advance a runner.
- Chess players may sacrifice a pawn to advance a more powerful piece.
- Soldiers may be ordered to place their lives at risk, for the ultimate sacrifice for their nation.
- Several years ago, my doctor asked me about my eating, especially at church events. "As pastor," I said, "I need to try a little bit of what each person brings so as not to offend anyone." After additional prodding I admitted that this included about a half-a-dozen small portions of the various deserts.
- How well do you house the Holy Spirit?
Or do you not know that your body is a temple for the Holy Spirit within you … — 1 Corinthians 6:19
- "I fast every Tuesday," a colleague told me when I had asked him about going to lunch. But when Daniel's request to not eat food that the king had chosen for him and his colleagues had life threatening consequences for Ashpenaz.
- Do you want to know who your real friends are? Not merely the list of names of people who read and like similar posts on social media, but friends you can count on? Get sick or go to jail.