Each week our pastor posts a teaser about the sermon for the coming Sunday. Check out his recent posts.
- Power Up April 17, 2018 I believe that God has laid the foundation of our lives with Christ as our cornerstone. We may reject that cornerstone, even try to pull it out, or build our lives aligned to it. Just as pulling a cornerstone from a real building may not have immediate consequences, rejecting Jesus as our spiritual cornerstone may not have immediately visible consequences in our lives. None the less a building so altered will more readily crumble and need expensive shoring up. Lives so altered will eventually suffer from moral decay and also need shoring up.
- Ministry Continues April 10, 2018
You are witnesses of these things. — Luke 24:48When writing reflections for a memorial service I like to list how the deceased had exemplified the Triune God; how he or she had demonstrated a love for creation and all of God's creatures, had connected people with one another, and had demonstrated divine grace and peace.
- We Declare April 3, 2018 When asked to summarize the Bible in a sentence, I have repeated two verses from the First Letter of John:
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, who is faithful and just will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. — 1 John 1:8-9
- Easter Surprise March 27, 2018 God provided the greatest April Fools surprise!
- Palm/Passion Sunday March 20, 2018
The 6th Sunday In Lent, March 25thHoly week marks the last week of Lent, a time of preparation for Christ’s Resurrection, celebrated on Easter Sunday. Holy begins with Jesus’ triumphant entry into Jerusalem and concludes with Jesus' journey to the Cross. Will you participate in the parade and experience the emotional tumult of the journey to the Cross?