Each week our pastor posts a teaser about the sermon for the coming Sunday. Check out his recent posts.
- Sabbath Keeping May 29, 2018 "Please silence your phone as we prepare for worship," the liturgist reminds the congregation each Sunday. We hope that for the next hour we might focus on God. But my phone is my connection for ministry. And you?
- Seeing the LORD May 22, 2018 I am not worried about the long term future of the Church. It has been perverted and used by various people throughout history and it continues to survive after thousands of years. On the other hand, the short term prognosis for this congregation, for the Presbyterian Church, and for the entire Church of Jesus Christ tends toward ruin.
- Show Us the Spirit May 15, 2018 Wear something red for Pentecost, the birthday of the Church. The day when the Holy Spirit came upon the disciples as flames.
Sermon Notes for Pentecost, May 20, 2018For two thousand years Jesus has been on trial. The Bible even lays out the strongest evidence against him. Pentecost refutes those claims.
- Powerful Faith May 8, 2018
Sermon Notes for May 13, 2018We have a small night light, hidden under a bench, that lights our hall. That small light keeps me from stubbing my toe after shutting off the other lights on my way to bed. The power behind that light is sufficient to light up an entire football stadium changing nighttime to daylight. So too is the power behind the small God sightings we have each day. That power is far greater than we might normally appreciate.
- Communion as Love May 1, 2018 Who is your BFF? The discipline of texting, cramming one's thoughts into 140 characters or less, has added some interesting abbreviations to our vocabulary. BFF (best friends forever) might be a useful translation of the word Greek word φίλους.